Friday, November 19, 2004

No Kylie - Screwed by Amazon

If back in Stock Aitken Waterman days somebody would have told me that I would ever go to a Kylie concert, this would have ended in a tough fight - no doubt. But then appeared Nick Cave's unforgettable duet with Kylie on "Where the Wild Roses Grow". The world was never as before. In 2002, she definitely enchanted me by giving this fantastic Fever Tour. This show sent me on a five day high like freshly fallen in love (I've enjoyed better concerts music-wise, but no other has had a similar emotional impact). Ever since, the Kylie calendar is on the Xmas shopping list. If you get it from me it's a sign of deep friendship. I think, I've drawn the picture.

Swiss shop's are expensive but not necessarily the best stocked in the world. Hence, I have to get it from overseas. After last year's disaster (I could not get hold of them before end of January 2004), I made my shopping early in September on amazon.co.uk.

Now, after two and a half months of waiting I did receive the following line from them: "We are sorry to inform you that we have been unable to obtain the (...) "Official Kylie Minogue Calendar 2005" This item has now been cancelled from your order..."

1 comment:

Ms Mac said...

Urs,
I am horrified by the deprivation you will suffer at the hands of Amazon. If you can wait until the new year I will scour the fine country of Scotland for your calendar.
Enjoy blogging!
ms mac.