Monday, February 21, 2005

Solitude & Passion

Life for my beloved Gatín is not easy, because there are some aspect of my character that are not made for a passionate relationship:
  • I'm an engineer (think analytical, think rational, think emotionally retarded).
  • I'm comfortable with solitude.
  • I'm a reader (at least two daily & three weekly newspapers, tons of books).
  • The only sports I like are cycling and swimming - both are not designed for a lot of company.
  • I'm not likely to smile a lot.
  • I can be extremely grumpy, especially when I'm tired.
  • I can be mute for days.
  • I'm not used to talk about feelings.
Lucky me, Gatín has stamina and seems not to give up shaking me out of my secluding shell. I hope, his endurance lasts. I'm sure that we are made for each other.

Solitude
by Alexander Pope

Happy the man, whose wish and care
A few paternal acres bound,
Content to breathe his native air
In his own ground.

Whose herds with milk, whose fields with bread,
Whose flocks supply him with attire;
Whose trees in summer yield shade,
In winter, fire.

Blest, who can unconcern'dly find
Hours, days, and years, slide soft away
In health of body, peace of mind,
Quiet by day.

Sound sleep by night; study and ease
Together mixed; sweet recreation,
And innocence, which most does please
With meditation.

Thus let me live, unseen, unknown;
Thus unlamented let me die;
Steal from the world, and not a stone
Tell where I lie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where there is love, there is understanding. Just let the beloved one know that he is not the reason of your momentarily situation. Sometimes it needs only one simple innocent kiss. This sentence can help: I do not want to be with out you, but in this moment (hours, days) I just need to be with me (and is it not even being alone but with yourself)
!Que viva el amor!