Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Perfect Trinity

It is a wisdom among my friends that this trinity can not simultaneously exist:
  • perfect apartment
  • perfect boy friend
  • perfect job.
Apartment: There might be better flats than Gomad Mansion, but I feel pretty comfortable and my flatmate is almost perfect (greasy grating the other day!). Boy friend: I've never been so much in love in my whole life as with Gatín. I'm praying hard not to mess it up.

However, it's the job where the Sword of Damocles might be dangling over me. The job is almost perfect. Of course, there is some work involved but the wage/pressure ratio was never better and I'm not as bored as some of my colleagues. It takes only ten minutes to commute (which is bad for tax discount) and there are several swimming pools close to the premises. The bosses are complete wankers. Whatev, that seems to be the definition of management.

But my caring employer has BIG problems. The Art of War might be almost as old as mankind's memory but it's the means that change. The means provided by my employer seem to be outdated big time. We are still great at what we do [overstatement], nevertheless, no army (our dear customers) seems to care. Last year, we received only about 25% of the orders we should have to maintain the workforce (never hire any of our sales reps, they are not good at what they do [understatement]). In addition, some work had been moved to other subsidiaries, which are better at it or/and have (more) customers in these fields.

Rumors say that something big will happen by the end of month. Everything is hush-hush. Even the employees' reps are kept in the dark (you have not read this here, ¡comprenda!). I'm expecting a big job chopping.

April 1st was supposed to be a party day (Kylie in Switzerland). I hope that I'm completely wrong. It's not Beware The Ides Of March but the end of March. Bugger! I'm on holiday. I don't wont to think about work, or even worse about not to work. All I want is the perfect trinity. Do I ask for to much?

2 comments:

Ms Mac said...

No, for you it's not too much to ask. You deserve the trinity of perfection!

mr. mac said...

Did you hear that the Sales Director is to receive the Nobel Peace Prize for his outstanding efforts promoting the cause of peace?

Who says that noone appreciates the Sales Department's inability to sell our equipment?