Thursday, April 21, 2005

Birthday Without Points & Stars

The fact that I'm partial to epicurean repasts does not imply that I'm willing to pay any price for a mouthful. Especially, when it's kind of compulsory and the chef waves with 1 Michelin star and 16 Gault Millau points.

I've been invited to a birthday party of a good friend to such a restaurant by SMS.

If people want to show off with parties at fancy places they should at least...
  • ...pay for it (the SMS listed the own wallet as a to bring item). I don't mind going to a party where some cans of beer and a pot of spaghetti are offered to the guest. I don't need langoustes and foit gras to congratulate to someone's birthday and meet some nice people. A birthday party is the wrong place for a Dutch treat.
  • ...put some effort, class and style into the invitation. An invitation to such an event asks for handmade paper, fountain pen writing and witty phrases.
My reply was rather brief and blunt, nevertheless, appropriate to the invitation.

1 comment:

Ms Mac said...

The trouble is, some people just have no class!