Thursday, April 14, 2005

Powerful & Full-Bodied Aussies

I have no idea why the forbidden fruit is most likely associated with an apple. Since recently, I know that I must have been the Shiraz grape. Wines made from it are powerfully flavoured and full-bodied. This grape thrives passion.

I've learned this lesson from the wines which arrived yesterday at Gomad Mansion:
We led seduce us right away with a bottle of Bin 128. The Bin 389 is not quite ready. We will have to give it some time in the cellar. Passion should not be wasted too young.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I completely agree with you. The Bin 128 2000 from Penfolds is nectar for the Gods. I love the complexe bouquet of this wine, specially this vintage, with its fine texture and so smooth like silk. The very intesive pomegranate red color of this wine gives you the impression of a black colored wine, what makes it much more appealing. The wines gained from the Shiraz grapes are sensual and seductive. Once you have tasted them, you will always look forward to enjoy them again.

Ms Mac said...

Well now I want some too!

You know me, I love a powerful full bodied Aussie!

Anonymous said...

No, I am sorry Pinot Noir has a total different character. A Pinot Noir is elegant, smooth, very sophisticated but it does not have the power of a Shiraz, though all elements can be in it, but in different amounts. And it is not that the Shiraz better than the Pinot Noir is. They are simply not to be compared. Shiraz is like a latin lover and Pinot Noir like a british gentleman.