Friday, July 01, 2005

Motherhood I'm Coming

I've been to Switzerland for two days and I'm already getting the feeling that I'm being forced into motherhood - Imaging, me with a bairn.

First, I was told by my health insurance, what the implications of the new paid maternity leave are (we call this motherhood insurance - Switzerland did not have something like that, even though, the ferderal constitution promised it since 1945).

Then yesterday, I made some strawberries with sour creme. Apparently, fresa con crema is the favourite dish in Mexico while carrying a developing offspring within the body. How was I supposed to know?

3 comments:

Ms Mac said...

"a bairn", you never cease to amaze me!

Another, more West Coast, colloquialism would be "the wean" derived from "Wee ane" and pronouced "wain"... in case you meet some Glaswegians!

Anonymous said...

Un poco más de "fresas con crema" mí amor ;-)
Me hizo reir mucho tu Blog.

Anonymous said...

I feel pregnant too....