Thursday, August 18, 2005

Relaxing

I’m back in the lounge at KLIA (Kuala Lumpur International Airport) and I’m far too early. I arrived at six pm, and my twelve-hour flight will not embark before midnight. I shared a taxi with a colleague, who had to take off at seven.

Of course, the free bar in the lounge is tempting. However, I tried a different approach:
  • I wrote an email to my beloved Gatín
  • I read the heartbreaking story of James Mac’s return from his holiday with granny to Chateau Mac.
  • I ate some finger sandwiches and Thai style spring rolls.
  • I read some love poems by Pablo Neruda:
    Toda la noche he dormido contigo
    junto al mar, en la isla.
    Salvaje y dulce eras entre el placer y el sueño,
    entre el fuego y el agua...
  • I took a shower.
  • I let me treat with a natural footbath (are unnatural ones with artificial water?)
  • I enjoyed intense acupressure and reflexology massages (I forgot to tell the masseur that I hurt my finger a couple of weeks ago), which benefits include relieving pain, balancing the body, reducing muscle tension, detoxification of organs, improving blood circulation and enabling the body to relax deeply and providing a reduce state of alertness.

So far so good, but there are still more than two hours to go. Though, I might move to coffee and sweets. Relaxing takes more planning and stamina than I’ve thought…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

After this great treatment you must feel like a new born, aren't you? I think those are one of the most relaxing therapies ever, though I know a better one, which I will show you very soon, and I look forward to it. Gatin ;-)