Monday, September 12, 2005

Savouring A Weekend

Life is brilliant to me right now. I've spent another astonishing weekend. The climax was set by the Wine & Dine dinner at the festival of Swiss wine and its aftermath. This includes the lovely and delightful company - that is, Gatín and some of his charming yet competent colleagues (competent is important, because it was about wine & dine and wine & dine is among their competencies).

I did miss the first four wines, because we had to taste Irene Grünenfelder's Eichholz. This did not matter much, there were still nine wines to follow, all among the best Switzerland has to offer. Switzerland is not only the land flowing with milk and honey, there are also quite some excellent wines and passionate and skilful vintagers.

The night ended in a posh nightclub, where I somehow lost the overview over the Champagnes we enjoyed. All I can remember is that we are talking about retail CHF 100 per bottle and that the landlord and the ladies paid for most of it. I must have drunk my share, because I remember vaguely that I shacked my booties to a Dire Straits tune. I usually ban a radio station, which dares to play them, for several weeks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Many thanks for the beautiful and extraodinary weekend, I have enjoyed it a lot. Gatín