Sunday, September 25, 2005

Spoiled Cows

A sign of Autumn in Switzerland is that restaurants put pumpkin soup on the menu. But there is an even better autumnal treat: Maize Soup*



Maize can be even cheaper than pumpkin. Gatín made this delicious dish out of cobs that we've nicked** from my brother's field. Although, this maze is basically cattle fodder, it is just perfect to cook a strengthening soup out of it. Or as Gatín said: Your brother spoils his cows.

* I know, it is called corn. But according to Wikipedia only in the United States, Canada, and Australia.
** We've helped to harvest potatoes for an entire day, though.

2 comments:

Ms Mac said...

I would have called it "corn on the cob". I am a bit posh that way!

It looks delicious!

Oh and, if your brother needs help cutting the ears off destroyed corn plants, I have just the boy for him!

Anonymous said...

You can not imagine the variety of dishes you can made after the maize. Gatín