Monday, September 26, 2005

Take The Alternatives!

My flatmate Tigresa & I have been living together for almost nine months. That's a first (as having a boyfriend for even a longer period). I was used to have my four walls for myself since 1983, when I fled from the farm to seek my success in the big city.

So far, we managed without major trouble. Of course, there is an endless list of the open toothpaste kind. Nevertheless the other day, we had a bit of crises, when Tigresa took my newspapers (both Tagi and NZZ) with her in the morning. I'm addicted to newspapers. I spend up to two hours per day reading newspapers. Arrrh.

There would have been alternatives for Tigresa, as the following picture shows:



  • There is the FraZ (Women's Newspaper). Tigresa receives this ever since she was flirting with the editor at the demonstration on March 8.
  • I, on the other hand, receive for an absolutely unknown reason the newspaper of the weird fundamental Evangelist Peoples Party (EVP). An eerie way of mobbing me, maybe. I would share this filthy rag anytime.
  • The letter from the bureau for the prevention of addiction was telling me that they have to close down a service due to lack of funding.
There will be no cure for my newspaper addiction. Better live with it.

1 comment:

Ms Mac said...

Perhaps the lovely Tigresa was trying to save you from yourself! She may be staging an intervention as we type!