Sunday, April 02, 2006

Spring Reviewed

And here is my say to Migros' Spring Yogurt collection:


  • Pêche Melba
    A traditional French dessert that combines two favourite summer(!) fruits: peaches and raspberry sauce accompanying vanilla ice cream. It is was created as an homage to Australian opera singer Nellie Melba. Migros' version is so dominated by raspberry that the peaches haven't got a chance at all. Migros failed on this. It's boring and an insult to Nellie Melba.
  • Pistachio
    I love pistachio, but unfortunately, I don't like pistachio in any combination with other food. This yogurt has only 2 percent pistachio in it, but the flavour is still too intense for my taste.
  • Papaya
    This yogurt finally pleases my senses. The flavours are well balanced and the temper of spring is matched.

Yesterday, we managed to get the geraniums pruned and re-potted. Now they have to stay at about 16°C for about 3 weeks.



I hope, I will be back from Malaysia till then (we're wading knee deep through problems down there). But now I should pack (I supposed to be at the airport in a couple of hours) and kiss Toño out of bed, so that he can help me with the ironing ;)

4 comments:

Ryan said...

mmmm i love yogurt and me being a Georgia boy the peach would b my fave.

Toño said...

I recommend you the papaya yogurt, it is simply delicious.
But if you want to taste the papaya at its best, well just put some mure papaya slices in the mixer and add some milk but just a little be, in order to habe a papaya shake with a good consistence.

Michael Lehet said...

We never have any fun flavors of yogurt over here....we're so uncivilized.

Unknown said...

Still hands down, switzerland has the best selection of yogurts. I'm in heaven when I'm there. Here, I have to go early just so I can get vanilla or strawberry. No other choices, that's just what you get. If you fault, come back tomorrow and maybe better luck...