Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Best Ever

Yesterday evening after swimming, Toño surprised me with this:



I've had many potato salads in my life. Most of them were ok, but it was never my favourite food. However, things changed dramatically. I've never had anything alike. I could hardly believe that this was the first potato salad Toño has ever made in his entire life.

The recipe will be published in the June edition of Le Menu (Toño has good connections and gets a copy prior to the official release). I highly recommend that you secure yourself a copy.

The potato salad was accompanied by a bottle of Le Calice De Saint Pierre, a Chateauneuf Du Pape. And Swiss pop songs from the 50es (think something like the Andrew Sisters), such as Übere Gotthard flüget Bräme, Stägeli uf, Stägeli ab and Nach em Räge schint Sunne.

Delicious wine and food, we have it in spades.

1 comment:

Toño said...

I just love the song:
"Nach em Räge schint Sunne" (After the rain comes the sunshine). It reminds me of my childhood in the tropics...