Friday, May 12, 2006

Complaining

Call me a spoiled bastard, but I'm so not looking forward to my business trip to India next week. It's not only that I'm separated from Toño again (this would be bad enough), but far too many things went wrong so far:
  • I's not clear whether I'll fly on Monday or not. Two of my colleagues did not receive there visa on time. My boss will decide over the weekend, whether we will cancel the trip.
  • I'm booked for a hardcore red eye. We will arrive at Mumbai in the evening. The connecting flight to Bangalore will be at 3 am an offers economy class only - and it's straight to work from the plane. There would be a nice flight from Frankfurt to Bangalore which arrived perfectly well at bed time.
  • Not only the flight, also Bangalore is completely overbooked. There are hardly any free hotel rooms. Since about half an hour, I've got a booking in a crappy three star hotel in a noisy neighbourhood for $200 a night. At Bangalore, I'm used to stay in the beautiful five star deluxe Taj West End, which is one of the best places to stay on this world.
  • Temperature forecast is 96°F/35°C, which is nice for holidays but not for extended working days.

3 comments:

Ms Mac said...

Awww, poor baby! But there's always the homecoming to look forward to!

Ryan said...

i so know what your feeling.

Toño said...

I really hope for you your boss cancels the trip and organise it better for some time later, where you can stay at the Taj West End. If you all are working that hard, you should at least be able to enjoy a nice staying at best quality hotel.