Monday, May 22, 2006

Flat Speedos & Ducks

Before lunch, I went for the fist time in this season to our local outdoor pool. The locals call it Seebi.

Somehow, the Seebi made it to the 21st century and one can see the latest water temperature readings via the Internet (here). For this morning, they reported 20°C/68°F. Fat chance it was, maybe this was my body temperature after I'd been swimming the equivalent of 1.08 minutes of arc on the Earth's surface. When I've left the pool the front of my speedos were completely flat. This is rather unusual, you can ask Toño.

Due to the freezing water temperature, I was almost alone in the pool. I say almost, because by a snatch I crashed into a female duck, who was showing her hatchlings the ropes. The Seebi is a scaring place.


My swimming gear in front of a Siberian map in my office.

5 comments:

Toño said...

I've told be careful of not getting a cold. I just could not believe that the water temperature is so warm, when the outside one not even reaches the 20°C. But don't worry I will take care of the flat speedos ;)

Ryan said...

woo hoo speedos!

Unknown said...

LOL - I would never go in the 68F water even if I was still swimming. I'd never swim below 74F just because I know how cold that temp still is... LAst time I did that was when I was 10 years old and the water was strait from the lake...

I'll stick to anything above 78F...

Mr. Urs said...

Expat Traveler: My personal record is half an hour in 17°C/62.6°F. However, today we'll go for the indoors option.

Rob7534 said...

No pics of you actually IN the speedos? :)

I guess we're not that lucky.