Thursday, May 04, 2006

Healthy

I went to my GP this morning and he declared me healthy. My blood pressure is back to normal values and almost all strange symptoms have disappeared. He recommended that I monitor my blood pressure for a further fortnight. If it stays were it is, the current crises is over.

I cheated death again. Nevertheless, one should not rest on one's laurels. Here is some more about staying healthy.

I finally made a first step to reduce my caffeine consumption (a litre of coffee per day is nothing unusual). I've bought a kettle, which should increase my tea consumption at work. Now I have to get me a wide range of delicious and inspiring teas.



I realised that I haven't been cycling in April at all (due to travels, illness and nasty weather). In the last three days, I was on the bike every day (yes, my bum hurts). Cycling is the most refreshing way to move around. So, those four will have to stay in action:




But most important to stay healthy is a positive attitude towards life. With being deliriously in love with Toño, this is not a big problem. Toño's admirable ability to connect with people and his rich cultural heritage open new dimensions to me daily.

7 comments:

Toño said...

Great! Let's put our whole hearts into love, life, passion, sport, discoveries and gratitude. Because if we are, we exist and since is a fact, well let's do it right.

Toño said...

I would like to share this extract from Octavio Paz – Nobel Lecture, December 8, 1990, with you all:


This consciousness of being separate is a constant feature of our spiritual history. Separation is sometimes experienced as a wound that marks an internal division, an anguished awareness that invites self-examination; at other times it appears as a challenge, a spur that incites us to action, to go forth and encounter others and the outside world. It is true that the feeling of separation is universal and not peculiar to Spanish Americans. It is born at the very moment of our birth: as we are wrenched from the Whole we fall into an alien land. This experience becomes a wound that never heals. It is the unfathomable depth of every man; all our ventures and exploits, all our acts and dreams, are bridges designed to overcome the separation and reunite us with the world and our fellow-beings...

***

In this pilgrimage in search of modernity I lost my way at many points only to find myself again. I returned to the source and discovered that modernity is not outside but within us. It is today and the most ancient antiquity; it is tomorrow and the beginning of the world; it is a thousand years old and yet newborn. It speaks in Nahuatl, draws Chinese ideograms from the 9th century, and appears on the television screen...

Ms Mac said...

I am so pleased that you have cheated death again. Although, now I am on my own in the Hypertension club again.

Unknown said...

reading that you cycle to work and around really makes me jealous. I find switzerland so appealing to bike in. I loved biking lots there. Here I haven't set my ass on my bike mostly because I hate traveling with lots of traffic and feel so unsafe... Really I miss riding and hope I can get back into it again...

Mr. Urs said...

Toño: I *heart* you.

Ms.Mac: Toño is borderliner. I keep a watchfull eye on him.

Expat Traveler: I've had an accident resulting in a broken scull and foot. The police said that I was in the right of way, but riding too fast.

Mike said...

Im not a coffee or tea drinker. I get all my caffeine from Mountain Dew

Rob7534 said...

I LOVE this part!

In this pilgrimage in search of modernity I lost my way at many points only to find myself again. I returned to the source and discovered that modernity is not outside but within us. It is today and the most ancient antiquity; it is tomorrow and the beginning of the world; it is a thousand years old and yet newborn. It speaks in Nahuatl, draws Chinese ideograms from the 9th century, and appears on the television screen...

There certainly is no reality "out there" independant of what is "in here" meaning ourselves! I truely believe that.