Monday, June 26, 2006

Go Southwest

Last week I was in northern Germany, this week I will travel in the opposite direction. To Cádiz actually, the coastal city in southwestern Spain, which was founded by Heracles after killing Geryon.

Unfortunately, neither La Playa de la Caleta nor de la Victoria nor de Santa María del Mar will be among the places I going to spend some quality time. Never mind, I don't like sand anyway. What really bothers me is the fact that I'm going to miss Eels, Massive Attack and Franz Ferdinand, which are performing on Friday evening here in Switzerland.

Just coincidentally, a revolt that started 1820 in Cádiz lead to the imprisonment of King Ferdinand VII of Spain. Of course, this is nothing compared to the things that started after Franz Ferdinand was assassinated. Not that anything of this has anything to do with me going southwest.

1 comment:

Toño said...

Eventhough you are not going to be able to go to any of those beautiful beaches, you will have the opportunity of listening a good spanish and who knows maybe you discover a great wine...or cava...or well even better, I would like to go with you just to advice you in this matter;)