Sunday, July 23, 2006

Will Coop Survive This?

Switzerland is a bipolar shopping world - that is, we have two major store chains, Migros and Coop, which together dominate the market. I clearly prefer Migros, because Coop is a organic food minefield. Organic food is more expensive and Coop has loads of it prominently positioned. If you don't concentrate, you might buy it against your will and even spend more money than necessary.

However, I might get help from an unexpected side. Today, the Deccan Herald run a front page story telling that Terrorists sneak into State as organic farmers:



I hope Dick Cheney's clerks read the Deccan Herald. He surely will immediately take all measures necessary to fight this new threat as fast as possible. This surely will include the banning of all supporters of organic farmers and the freezing of their asset. The Swiss government will be pleased to follow suit. Coop will either have to get rid of their organic products or they will be out of business within hours.

3 comments:

Rob7534 said...

I'm sure Dick equates organic w/liberal leftists, so he'll be ALL over that article!

Toño said...

I completely agree with you. I do not see why I should pay more for organic food, when I even doubt about the origine of it. I used to buy before I met you mostly by Coop, but know and not only because of you, I discovered the good quality of Migro's products and the positive changes they have achieved in the last couple of years.

Unknown said...

hm - I personally like both stores because some things you just can't find in one and need to buy in the other.