Thursday, August 24, 2006

Fingers Crossed

"Any life is made up of a single moment, the moment in which a man finds out, once and for all, who he is."
This line is attributed to Jorge Luis Borges, who was born on this date in 1899. Just by coincidence Toño and I will see someone tonight who has found it out already. He's an entertainer. Yes, we are going to be entertained by Robbie himself! How was I able to sleep for the last couple of months, do I asks myself.

Having plans to meet Robbie Williams tonight, means that I have to be extra careful today. Three years ago, I had an appointment in Geneva with him, but I missed it, because I was in an emergency room with a broken foot and skull. One of those silly SUV knocked me of my bicycle just a few hours before I was due to meet him. I was in the right of way, but according to the police a bit to fast (although it was uphill). Please keep your fingers crossed for today.

4 comments:

Toño said...

I look forward to hear and meet with you this great entertainer, who knows who he is.

I permit myself to share with you all this philosophical poem from Borges, which I love:

Instants

If I could live again my life,
In the next - I'll try,
- to make more mistakes,
I won't try to be so perfect,
I'll be more relaxed,
I'll be more full - than I am now,
In fact, I'll take fewer things seriously,
I'll be less hygenic,
I'll take more risks,
I'll take more trips,
I'll watch more sunsets,
I'll climb more mountains,
I'll swim more rivers,
I'll go to more places - I've never been,
I'll eat more ice creams and less (lime) beans,
I'll have more real problems - and less imaginary
ones,
I was one of those people who live
prudent and prolific lives -
each minute of his life,
Offcourse that I had moments of joy - but,
if I could go back I'll try to have only good moments,

If you don't know - thats what life is made of,
Don't lose the now!

I was one of those who never goes anywhere
without a thermometer,
without a hot-water bottle,
and without an umberella and without a parachute,

If I could live again - I will travel light,
If I could live again - I'll try to work bare feet
at the beginning of spring till
the end of autumn,
I'll ride more carts,
I'll watch more sunrises and play with more children,
If I have the life to live - but now I am 85,
- and I know that I am dying ...

Jorge Luis Borges

Ms Mac said...

Have a wonderful time. And when you do meet Mr R P Williams Esq. please do give him my very best! (and possibly even my number!)

Unknown said...

LOL ms mac! So how did it go?????

Ms Mac said...

Come on!!! We need the info? How was it?