Tuesday, August 29, 2006

The Presents

Last week I could celebrate one of my birthdays (I lost count). I received countless text messages from lots of really nice people. Many thanks and kisses. That was superb. However some r-e-a-l-l-y nice people just could not resist the temptation to actually give me a present. Here they are in the order of their receipt:



My deliriously beloved Toño did not only give me the bare essentials to serve champagne (cooler, linen towel and a silver-coated ring with velvet inner section to prevent precious drops from rolling down the bottle), but also bottle of vintage Jacquesson. Those are hard to get. If you see one, buy it! ...and give it to us. We have every thing to take care of it. Tools, passion, name it.



My former flatmate Tigresa did not only invite my for lunch, but also gave me a German edition of The Memory of Running by Ron McLarty. The book is labelled "reading edition". Tigresa though that this means display copy. I can assure her that it's the proper book. The preface revealed that the book was initially only published as an audio book. It made it into a more respected print issue after Stephen King recommended it in his "The Pop of King" column in Entertainment Weekly. It's supposed to be a real page turner. Hence, if you're into sport, it's probably better if you get yourself the audio version. You might make some additional rounds around the block...



Princess Switzerland surprised me with a box of exclusive olive oil. It's fair trade and everything. We are in the middle of evaluating a new olive oil. We definitely have to include this Claro shops into the process. I can tell you, it's easier to find new underwear that is both randy and comfortable than a decent olive oil. Many thanks Carlina, you hit the nail on the head.



My dear mother gave me a box of those delicious Gottlieber Hüppen. They print an expiration date on the box. Probably the most useless date ever. These sweets last a couple of days, tops (independent of the number of boxes you give me - give it a try).



No, this was not the birthday present from Christine. But I received this paper model kit of a monastery from her around the date of my birthday. She nicked it for me at her school. Obviously, the pupils are no interested in this kind of pedagogical entertainment anymore. I'll need the thing for an event next week. However, I was supposed to pick up my real present at a dinner party next week at her place. Unfortunately, my caring employer sends me to a seminar (as usual on a very short notice) and now we have to reschedule. I hate to wait for presents and even more to miss one of Christine's dinners.

I hope, I haven't forgotten anybody or anything. Stay in the flow!

2 comments:

Toño said...

Please, keep for me at least three of the fine Gottlieber Hüppen...I love them too :)

Ryan said...

aww happy b-day! sorry i missed it sending warm thoughts and lots of love!!!!!