Monday, August 07, 2006

(Soon) From Siberia With Love

Do you see that picture in the header of this page? It was taken near Oymyakon, the coldest village on earth (I was actually sitting in one of the two trucks, when it was taken). A few minutes ago, Toño and I decided to go there in February. It will be Toño's first and my eighth trip to Siberia. We will drive about 2000 km through the Siberian winter. Most of them without any roads on frozen rivers and winter trails. Actually, in this area you can only drive in winter. There is hardly anything that can be called a road. If you switch off the engine more than half an hour, you can try to make a fire under the engine and pray that in some hours it will start again. I'm soooooo exited. How am I supposed to sleep till then?

2 comments:

Toño said...

I am very excited too, to know your dream place on earth. I really look forward to make this trip with you in the marvellous white and shining Siberia's world.

I'll try to get you asleep in my arms...every night until then...

Rob7534 said...

I'm sure you can both keep each other warm! =)

I don't believe I would survive long in Siberia, so I look forward to more pics, and some great stories! Mind the frost-bite!