Saturday, May 19, 2007

Be Prepared

Forget about pink dollar. The big money lies in the fleur-de-lis and the trefoil, the symbols of the Scout Movement, which was founded only a hundred years ago by Robert Baden-Powell.

This was also the reason that the Swiss Post issued a special stamp on May 10. A mere week later, I tried to buy some at my local post office: Sold out!. Ok, I tried the online shop: Not listed anymore!.

It's a shame, the Swiss Post was not prepared and missed the opportunity. But even worse, I was also not prepared for the incredible purchasing power of Swiss' Boy and Girl Scouts.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dear, I am sitting here on 5000 of them. Just let me know how many you want :)

Yours always Tigresa

Ms Mac said...

Oh, you have your own philately dealer.... how cool is that?!?

I've got some used postage stamps with The Beatles on them, in case you're interested....

Mr. Urs said...

Tigresa: *knees down* Please send me 20 sheets - that is 360 stamps. You've just saved the world.

Ms.Mac: *turn scarlet* due to this stamp mess, I did not send your birthday present on time, it will not arrive before Monday.

Anonymous said...

I would say it is just mismanagement here. My boss insists that the Swiss Post only inquired how much we think we could sell...They clearly took his answer as an order. Old fool!

Toño said...

Since lot of my friends are from the Boys and Girls Scouts are from thurgovians I just simply need from someone out there a postcard with one of this special Scout stamps, just as a memory the centenary anniversary from the Scout Movement.

I would be grateful and thankful to you or you...

Anonymous said...

oh no! tigresa, can you help me out as well? they don't sell them here in tokyo...