Sunday, May 20, 2007

Deflowered

I heard the first time of Pedro Almodóvar in the week of 22 June 1987 in the German magazine DER SPIEGEL in an article with the headline 'Darling Scumbag'. It was less the headline and the fact that they called him scandal director than the touching still of two bollock-naked men closely entangled in bed shot from the ceiling that the article cought my eye and burned itself into my memory for good. Of course, I had to see La ley del deseo - the law of desire - and every other film Pedro Almodóvar made ever since.



Yesterday, we saw La ley del deseo again. It still has not lost any of its disturbing power.

3 comments:

Toño said...

Why is it so difficult to see love in the eyes of "a great love". Why are we humans too blind to see the essential things in life, those which redeems one from suffering after the long way of seeking for love...

This tragic love story makes me think a lot of the meaning of love, when does it has to taken and when to be refused with a highly and deeply expressed respect for the not corresponded one...

Ms Mac said...

Now, see, I was going to make a crass remark about Antonio Banderas with no shirt on but Toño puts me shame with a deep comment about life, love, the universe and everything.

spentrails said...

I'm with Ms Mac.