Friday, August 17, 2007

Drained

Smørrebrød is fine, but we had the desire for an alternative. Right next to our hotel in Korsør there was this Chinese.



It's hard to get in. The steps are rather steep. We should have taken this as a warning, spun on our heels and run for Yding Skovhøj.

The restaurant offered à la carte or Mongolian barbecue and Chinese buffet* à discreción. We went for the later combination. While I was waiting for my choice being barbecued the Mongolian way, I rested on a railing. It was hard to get off that thing. It was covered with a greasy layer, which impressed with glutinous qualities.

One could also hardly avoid to be exposed to the exhausts of the barbecuing. Although, I had hung my shirt next to the open window all night, I could turn Toño's stomach topsy-turvy by just bringing it in his vicinity when I came back home.

I had left the place hardly ten minutes, when my body commanded me to the loo to get my intestines drained with a vengeance. This was just the beginning of a rather restless night.

* which included French Fries, a dish I considered being of Belgian origin - just another hint for a fast run.

No comments: