Sunday, December 23, 2007

The Big Curry Experiance

Can you imagine, I've never made a curry* in my entire life. At least not until yesterday. Inspired by Nigella Lawson - IMHO one of the sexiest most beautiful women that ever has blessed planet earth with her presence - I forced Toño go down the curry road with me.

First, we went down to the butcher to get some tender beef Ragoût. Where I live, we call this Voressen (literally pre-eat). This does not mean that someone else eat it before. No, this term derives from the good old times when one meat course in a meal was not enough. I.e. one had a ragoût as appetizer. At Migros, we then got all those exotic ingredients like wok oil, coconut milk, green curry paste and fish sauce.



It was just great**. We both liked it. We definitely have to experience more of this curry universe.



We accompanied the curry with a bottle of Mas du Soleilla "Les Chailles" 2005 from Coteaux du Languedoc. Its acidity could keep up with the hotness of curry. Beware, not every wine from that area is capable of this.



While cuing for today's lunch ingredients (poached salmon - picture above), there was an Asian boy looking at a huge fish head at the fish booth while, delighted with joy, calling his mother. Malay Fish Head Curry! I'm not sure whether I'm ready for this. Nonetheless, I'm happy for any recipe in this direction.

* besides of Riz Casimir, the characteristic Swiss dish from the 70es, which Swiss refer to as a "curry dish".
** Well, I love almost everything with luscious peas.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Green Thai curry is the family, fave hot and spicy ......down to the nine year old!

Being a sucker for ginger and all things made with or out of it,I could eat a whole glass of the preserved sushi ginger:) YUMM!It's a secret tip to be had to Cheese Fondue and Raclette, as it really helps to digest the heavy fare!

Ms Mac said...

If only I'd known you're a fan of Nigella's!

Mr. Urs said...

Ms.Mac: We were introduced by Mr.Mac.