Sunday, January 06, 2008

Pascua Y Luna De Miel En México

It has been decided. In two and a half months, we will embark the second time to México to celebrate Easter, a bautizo (baptism) and two primeras comuniónes. And in addition this will be kind of our honeymoon. Quite a program to be squeezed in mere three weeks.

I tried to book the flights on miles. But cattle class was already completely booked out. Bugger, I had no other choice than to go business class. Thanks to my new Senator status, I got a 50% miles discount for my companion.

Despite the packed program, we plan to have some recreational time at a truly romantic spot, such as e.g. Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo.



That gives me only two and a half months to get into bikini shape and Toño to get any passport (the Mexican has expired and Switzerland still hasn't completed its Byzantine bureaucratical process [so far 2 years, 2 months and counting])

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wahey,are you going to tie the knot or have you already done so ?

Fingers crossed that Toño's passport will arrive in time before you take off!!

Ms Mac said...

Sounds delightful!

Two and a half months for bikini-shape though? I'd need two and half years!

Mickle in NZ said...

Oops, so I shouldn't have sent you that chocolate cake recipe today.

Great Easter holiday!

Mr. Urs said...

Sylv: there will be no tying of any knot until the naturalization is completed. We don't want to overstretch Swiss civil servants with two overlapping bureaucratic processes.

Michelle in NZ: Many thanks for the recipes. Both look delicious and will be tested in due course. Toño can't eat chocolate (his stomach seems allergic to it). However, I usually make such things for my clan and keep then a piece for myself. One can't harm anything.

Unknown said...

Unless I quit my job or move to Europe, I have no confidence I'll be taking more than 5 days off, within my lifetime... well unless a miracle happens.

Congrats - looking forward to seeing the pics and updates!