Saturday, February 09, 2008

Universal Roten

Michèle Roten is a young Swiss journalist, who writes with the verve of the young Julie Burchill, only a bit more egocentric (yes, this is possible).

The other day, I saw Michèle Roten for the first time in a talk show on telly. I know nobody watches talk shows, or at least nobody is going to admit it. But I have to.

I was a bit disappointed. It was like when you see the film version of a novel on the big screen. It is just not like you had made it up in your twisted mind (not that I would compare Miss Roten with a novel, but I think you get the picture). When I was reading her columns in Das Magazin, I imagined an eloquent young woman with feminine curves. Unfortunately, the real (or TV) Roten is a bit different. Don't get me wrong, she's a beautiful young woman, but who definitely writes better than she talks and she is IMHO an X-Ray of a beautiful young woman.

I was planing to blog about this, yet Miss Roten was faster than I am, by publishing today in her column a quite complete list of labels the rest of the world may choose at one's leisure to refer to her.

All seem to go back to a certain Regula Stämpfli. I can't remeber to have ever heard of this woman before I read an interview with her a week ago in Das Magazin. Judging based on that interview, I did not miss anything by not knowing her.

However, some years ago, this Regula Stämpfli called Michèle Roten Schwanzlutscherin (cock sucker). From pooftah's point of view, there is nothing derogative with this term, but obviously, Mrs. Stämpfli had got and still gets quite some feedback to that labelling. Today, she apologized to Miss Roten and gave her the new label postmodern arbitrariness zealot.

Well based on this, Miss Roten came up with the ultimate list, which I try to translate for you:
  • reactionary fast fast writer
  • nail polishing bra burner
  • over caring pot plant mother
  • neurotic nail clipper
  • bourgeois slapper
  • butt
  • totalitarian shoe dictator
  • smiley Nazi
  • unfaithful telephone autistic
  • anorectic salad fetishist
  • mock member of the educated classes
  • skinny jeans wearing high heels feminist
  • coarse motioned head age kisser
  • sectarian Thomas Mann disciple
  • moody stinking sock
  • snooker tournament watching phlegmatic
  • emotion resistant counter girl
  • anti-social "hi" girly
  • beer motioned opening machine
  • tattooed rap groupie
  • German philology student
  • contacts wearing wannabe blond
  • nervous schizo aunty
  • oversexed dick bitch.

No comments: