Friday, March 28, 2008

Meanwhile...

... we've spend some days in Ixtapa at the coast of the Pacific ocean. This is the view from our room at the hotel Las Brisas Ixtapa:



In a few hours we will head back north to La Huacana in the tierra caliente (it was 37 °C/99 °F last Monday) to celebrate the baptism of Luis Edurado:



150 guests are expeted and five cooks will provide sustenance. But first Toño will have to acquire the certificate by the church that he is qualified and instructed in the obligations of a godfather. For that he will have to get back to Morelia, where they have a fast-track procedure. At other places, this takes an entire week.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely, tell us ALL about the baptism,I can well imagine it might be a different affair to a Swiss Baptism!!

Do you know that on this picture you have a striking resemblance to John-Boy Walton??

Mickle in NZ said...

Oh Sylv - Gomad's heaps better looking.

Gomad - great to see you so happy and relaxed

Ms Mac said...

Cute!

And the baby is too!

(Oh, come on- somebody had to!)

Anonymous said...

Well Mickie, I quite liked John Boy actually, I always wished for a big brother and he would have had to be like him.But then I am the oldest of the brood:( so no chance of that in real life.

Mickle in NZ said...

Oh, Hello Gomad, are you there too, in your own blog?

Wonderful to see photos from a happy place with very happy and relaxed people

Love and huggles

Michelle the also mickie, mickle and mick

Mr. Urs said...

Well, ladies...

Ms.Mac: That's why I'll just give one of those...

Sylv: I loved The Waltons because of the good-night total with voice-over at the end. I think John-Boy was a bit slimmer... The cap is actually American (from Tractor Boy, a male underwear company that went out of business), however the shirt is from Cardigan in Wales.

Michelle: Yes this is me. I just don't like pictures taken of me, however, I very much like my middle name Michael.

Unknown said...

you picked a great time to escape the cool weather and snow! Looks like your trip was wonderful! Have a safe trip back!~