Saturday, April 26, 2008

Out Of Coffee!

This morning did not start as I like a Saturday morning to start. Our Jura coffee maker went out of service mere 40 days after the warranty had expired:



Real panic broke out since we will have to cook for 18 people on May Day and we've planned to serve them hot and full-flavoured coffee after the Vin Santo.

There was little hope when I called the help service, where a friendly lady explained to me that I can't fix this and that I have to send it back to the factory for repair. Of course this was no option and I already saw my just received bonus being force-invested in a new coffee machine. It took until three o'clock until we found a shop where we found the answer we sought: "Yes, we have the spare part on stock and we can fix this before May Day".

Who was I to believe that Roger Federer is able to make a coffee machine that last? I should have been warned when I first saw him in an add for those machines. I'm not impressed by this performance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I only hope you won't have any 'Martina Hingis' in your kitchen:) that would be an even bigger disaster,should they break on the day you need them most.
What will you prepare for the hungry 18?