Thursday, July 24, 2008

It's Getting Hotter

Do you remember those cute buggers?



Toño finally went to the supermarket, to purchase pot and soil in order to get them growing. He called to inquire whether he should get the too small or the too big pot. I ordered him to go for the bigger one. When he came back, showered in sweat, because he did not only had to hand-carry the pot but also 40 litre of soil, he declared that we are going to eat every single habanero chili these plants will ever produce!

Well, his efforts have paid off and the plants have gained admirably in size and posture. The pot seems just right now and the first fruits start to grow.



Lately, Toño started to cook hotter food. Officially, to clear my intestines from the parasites that I might have caught in India. However, I reckon, it's to prepare my taste buds for the dishes to come in a few weeks.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my .. Habañeros, I got to admit I am not as courageous as you.

Mickle in NZ said...

Chilli plants looking strong, and that's a glorious hydrangea in the background. Happy gardening and eating.
Huggles

Anonymous said...

A whole chili, very brave, it looks great :-)

Mickle in NZ said...

And at least you can remove that chili from the top of your food. A not skinned, not deseeded or fiberous white membranes removed- Now, your dear husband does love you?

He'd better make a mole from some of the chillis with some decent dark and not sweet real chocolate.

Much love and huggles to you each and both

Mr. Urs said...

Mickle, Toño expalined to me that mole requires at least four different kind of chillis and that neither habañeros nor the one on top of the plate are of the right varieties.

Mr. Urs said...

And Mickle, did I tell you that we had a mole at our wedding? In Switzerland, you usually only get canned versions because it's nearly impossible to get the chillis required. However, our chef managed to make one for us and our guests.