Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Pretty Boy!

Word came probably through to you about the pretty girl who won international fame after singing at the opening ceremony of the Olympic Games, and who was only miming because she was prettier than the girl with the good voice, who was actually singing (if not, read here).


A similar thing happend to me, when I was a small boy. The pupils of our school were forced to build a choir in order to sing the national anthem at the celebration of the Swiss National Day. Of course we practised hard, but the teacher was not pleased with my performance. He forced me to take part, show enthusiasm, move my lips, but not to utter a single tone while doing so.

So far I was under the impression he did this to humiliate me in public and nip any musical aspiration of mine in the bud. But now, thanks to the great Chinese nation and their astonishing opening ceremony of the Olympic Games, I know that I'm just to handsome to not to have me on a stage. I love you China!

4 comments:

Ms Mac said...

I could have told you that!

Mr. Urs said...

I love you Ms.Mac (and whoever might follow suit)!!!

Anonymous said...

Harrumphh!!!

This gets my knickers defo in a twist! I hate hate hate with a passion these people who can not look further than a flawless complexion,perfect bod and straightened pearly whites!

Why oh why, do people think someone who doesn't fit all of the above is worth less than those who possess this exterior?? What does all of the above mentioned say about people, NOTHING at all if you ask me.

Only when you are open and try to accept people the way they look and are,let them get close to you ,you will find true gems and surprise surprise, they are more often than not the people life hasn't treated with the perfect outside! And I for one, prefer it like that!

And before you ask,I am also one of those who weren't blessed.

Unknown said...

amazing...

Oh and I'm in total withdrawl denial from my swiss visitor leaving.. Why didn't I go into the suitcase!