Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Mumbai - The Update

I've been asked, whether the trip to Mumbai is still on. I can confirm that it is, however, it has not been preponed but postponed by three days. I'm supposed to embark on December 10.

Of course, Taj Mahal is not available. I've received two emails regarding this. A former boss of mine wrote "New Room Heating installed in Taj Mahal"*. The other one came from the hotel itself, saying "We will not be able to confirm the booking due to unforeseen circumstances at the hotel."

I've changed bookings to the Taj President. "Good choice", an Indian told me. "it's safe, it's inland". I've measured 300 m to the next shoreline on Google Maps**. He also wrote me "Good, you have the Mumbai spirits, people say Mumbai, will never stop for a moment."

I'm already a bit too Indian, my given name is the surname of people belonging to the royal community of Mysore in Southern India. And my surname is a traditional Punjabi name, written ਹੀਰ.

* he one's commented on a broken arm of mine "It's your own fault, you arsehole". He has his own ways to show that he actually cares.

** Obviously, India had been warned by the U.S. of A. that there might be a terrorist attack from the sea against luxury hotels in Mumbai

No comments: