Thursday, August 13, 2009

Gloomy Thursday

It wasn't really my day. Did loads of fruitless treadmill-like work stuff, but nothing else. What a waste. I was far off the flow and was just pulling the cart through the mud.

So I'm a bit gloomy and was looking for some music to close the day with. I came across Love Will Tear Us Apart by Joy Division. This song is also a bit melancholy but is full of verve at the same time. A combination I like. And it brings back some nice dream-like memories.



Now I think I can go to sleep.

4 comments:

MartininBroda said...

Vielen Dank für den “Depeche Mode”-Tip. Ich wollte eigentlich heute nichts schreiben, dann packte mich der „philosophische“ Ehrgeiz, und um meinen Geist etwas anzukurbeln sah ich im Hintergrund Phönix-Reportagen (über Heinrich II., die türkische Belagerung von Wien etc., ich sehe sonst kaum noch fern), bin aber auch zur Empfehlung gewechselt, das ist schon mehr als nur oberflächlich, das ist schon ein ganzes Zeitgefühl, hoffe, die Nacht war erholsam.

Mickle in NZ said...

Hope your walk to work has brightened up the end of your week.

Oh, Urs, this week hasn't been a good one for you!

Try to have a good weekend, huh?

MartininBroda said...

Hoffentlich bist du jetzt nicht mehr ganz so düster, schließe mich vollinhaltlich der anderen Kommentatorin an.

Mr. Urs said...

Yes, the weekend has taken hold of me and this is good. I really needed it. Will have dinner with Tigresa and some friends in her new love nest tonight :). Well not so new but I haven't seen it yet. It's soooo rural.