Sunday, May 29, 2011

Raw Passion!

I would never have thought that a book I bought based on a review in The Economist would be a page turner bursting with passion, like it happened with It’s All About the Bike: The Pursuit of Happiness on Two Wheels by Robert Penn.



And as nice side effect, I learned a lot about my favourite ride, like how it was invented and the side effects of this process on economy and society. Robert Penn is a great storyteller. Lance Armstrong was so wrong with the title of his book.

2 comments:

Mickle in NZ said...

Life is so very good when your reading matter is truely splendid.I hope the Zurich summer is glorious and kind to both you and your dear Husband - because you two are very special humans who deserve the very best life can give,

sending care, love and many huggles, Michelle and my special feline bloke (my dear, darling rescue cat Zebby)

Stephen Chapman said...

Hello!

Thought you might like to know that the next 5 on the fifth is a few days away…

http://thestateofthenationuk.blogspot.com/2011/08/august-5.html